The second time, when I have been on Koh Chang Island I stayed in Rock Sand Resort and Maylamean bungalows. Following I write about my experiences in staying at “Melamean bungalows. They are located directly on the White Sand Beach next to Rock Sand Resort.
I stayed there for budget holidays from January 14 to January 20, 2012 in bungalow number 3A (yellow bungalow with sea view). Here is my review:
- If you want to enjoy island-life without high-tech, this is the right place for you. There is no Wi-Fi connection available. But it doesn’t matter. It’s great to relax. And if you want to check your e-mail or want to have a connection to the world wide web go to the restaurant in the Rock Sand Resort or White Sand Beach Resort. Both offer Wi-Fi (Rock Sand free, White Sand Beach you’ve to pay a fee).
- There is a restaurant directly in the small resort. They offer great thai-food and western-style food.
- They offer laundry service for 40 Baht/Kg. I used this service once. The laundry was clean.
- Check-out time is 12 AM.
- The staff at the reception are very friendly. Kiki is from Germany.
In my bungalow 3A (yellow bungalow) I found the following facilities:
- You can lock the door with a key.
- Room has a big terrace with seaview. Great!!!
- In the room there is a small board where you can put in your belongings.
- There is a window in the room and you can open it.
- There is a net against mosquitos in front of the window and the doors. There is also a mosqito-net over the bed. But there are some holes in, so you have to fix them first or you can also bring your own mosqitoe net.
- Fan is available, that is blowing directly on the bed.
- I think smoking is in the room not allowed.
- In the room it is very quiet. You can only hear the waves. You can leave the window open during the night.
- They keep the rooms clean.
- The bathroom is located in the room.
- There is a shower directly in the bathroom, there is no separate cabin.
- There is no sink in the bathrom and you have to flush the toilet with a small bowl (thai-style).
- There is only cold water – but who cares on a tropical island?
- Toilet paper and a towel are provided.
Location of the Melamean bungalows:
- From the place, where the small busses and taxis stop in front of “Seven Eleven” it’s about 5 minutes’ walk along the beach to the Melamean bungalows. You have to walk through the restaurant at Rock Sand Resort to go there. If you have a trolley or a suitcase you sould use the path behind the bungalows at KC-Resort or take a taxi to White Sand Beach Resort. From there you can walk along the footpath.
- Within 5 minutes’ walk along the beach there is the main street with a lot of stores, bars and restaurants.
- Along the beache there are some restaurants and bars. You can enjoy the sunset there and they offer great thai- and international food. Try also the food directly at Maylamean!
- There are some steps from the beach up to the restaurant and the bungalows. If you are handycapped, I think it is not a good idea to stay there.
I really enjoyed the stay at Melamean bungalows! It’s one of the best places I have ever stayed. I enjoyed the location of the bungalow and the terrace-restaurant. There also a lot of friendly people. In the restaurant you get in contact with other guests very quickly. It’s really good place for fun. I felt really welcome and safe there.
If you want to stay at Maylamean bungalows you should simply go in and ask the staff, if there is a free bungalow. If you don’t like it choose another hostel.