On my Vietnam-trip I stayed a few days in a resort in Doc Let, in the north of Nha Trang. I rent there a bungalow directly on the beach. I stayed there from November 27 to November 30, 2010. Following I write about my experiences in staying at the Paradise Resort in Doc Let/Nha Trang. It is located on a really quiet place. Here is my review:
- Internet: Wi-Fi is available, you can use it in the lounge/restaurant and in some bungalows and rooms.
The internet connection is in the Paradise Resort, compared to other hostels and hotels in Vietnam, very slow. The connection is often cut – then for hours. Also the owner doesn’t like it, that the guests use the Wi-Fi too often. He also cut the connection and switched the modem off. Remember, that Facebook doesn’t work in Vietnam.
- There is also a public PC in the “office”.
- The resort offers tours and Open Tour Bus tickets, I didn’t use these services.
- They offer laundry service for 20.000 VND/kg, I didn’t use it.
- The resort is directly on the beach. Unfortunately the beach got from day to day more dirty when I stayed there. Perhaps they didn’t clean it, because we were only four guests there in low season?
- You can pay with credit card, there is no ATM close. Bring cash with you!
- The rate was 20 US-$ (400.000 VND) for the bungalow in the first row; breakfast, lunch, dinner, water, fruits and coffee are included. It tasted really good!
- Beer, wine and soft drinks are really cheap.
- The staff are friendly, but doesn’t speak any word English. Only the owner speaks English and French. He is sometimes really rough and unfriendly to the guests and the staff.
I used the bungalow (number 1) alone, it’s prepared for two persons. The bungalow is really, really basic – nothing luxury. In my bungalow I found the following facilities:
- You can lock the door with a key (pad-lock).
- In front of the bungalow there is a veranda with a table and chairs.
- In the bungalow are a table and chairs, where you can e.g. work.
- There are windows in the room, in front of them there are nets against mosquitos.
- There is also a mosquito-net above the bed with no holes.
- No Air Condition in the room, but there are fans above the bed.
- Smoking is in the bungalow allowed.
- It was quiet, you can only hear the waves on the beach.
- They keep the bungalow not extremely clean, but for me it was OK. They didn’t change towels every day and didn’t make the bed.
- The bathroom is located in the bungalow.
- There is no door from the living room to the bathroom.
- There is a shower.
- Only cold water, no hot water!
- Toilet paper and towels were provided, but no soap.
Location of the Doc Let Paradise Resort:
- From Nha Trang it’s about one hour by car (55 km) to go to the Paradise Resort. They can organize a transfer for you for 18 US-$ (360.000 VND), I used this service. As I have seen, it’s cheaper than to organize a taxi in Nha Trang by you.
- You can also hop off the Open Tour Bus at the gas station at the crossing to Doc Let on National Street 1. From there it is about 13 kilometers to the Paradise Resort.
- There is a map on the homepage, but I think to find the way on your own is a little bit hard.
- There is a small village near the Paradise Resort.
- It’s a really quiet place with no bars and restaurants around.
- There is no ATM close!
First I enjoyed staying in the bungalow at the Paradise Resort in Doc Let. I wanted to make a travelling-break to work a little bit on my laptop. Unfortunately internet didn’t work well and the owner always cut the internet-connection by himself. He is afraid of the “Wi-Fi waves”. I asked in my e-mail reservation about the Wi-Fi and got the answer “Yes there is Wi-Fi and it is working well”. I don’t know, why he wrote it, when he doesn’t like it, that people use the internet.
The owner got really angry about it, that I used the internet. Well, he was generally not really friendly to me, to other guests and his staff. I think yelling is not the right way to communicate with the staff in front of the guests.
I was not really happy to leave the resort after three days, because I enjoyed the stay in the bungalow directly at the beach. But I didn’t feel really welcome and comfortable there. The huts are basic, but safe.
I’ve paid 20 US-$ for the bungalow per day including breakfast, lunch, dinner, coffee, fruits and water.
And what experiences did you have in the Paradise Resort in Doc Let/Nha Trang? Tell us and write a review here!