I’ve searched for a cheap hotel close to the train station in Changsha and found only 200 meters’ walk from there the “Motel 168 Changsha Railway Station”. It is a very big hotel, but nothing special.
Following I write about my experiences in staying at the “Motel 168” in Changsha. I stayed there as backpacker from October 13 to October 15, 2010 in a single room. Here is my review:
- Free internet is available via LAN-cable. Compared to other hostels and hotels in China, the internet-connection speed was average. Notice, that Facebook and other social networks are blocked in China.
- There is a restaurant in the hotel, I didn’t try it.
- The staff at the reception are friendly, but they don’t speak English very well.
In my single room (no. 1326) I found the following facilities:
- You can lock the door with a key-card.
- In the room there is a desk for working.
- There is a window in the room and it can be opened. The window didn’t close properly.
- Air condition is available.
- Smoking is in the room allowed. Unfortunately it was a bit stinky there. Also the air condition smelled heavily after smoke.
- TV-set with normal screen.
- There is a water boiler in the room, they offer also some tea.
- The room is quiet, you hear only a little bit street-noise.
- They keep the rooms clean.
- On the wall there was a big water-spot. I don’t know how this can happen in the 13th floor?
- The bathroom is located in the room.
- There is a shower.
- Hot water worked well.
- There was unfortunately a bad smell in the bathroom (from the drain?).
- Toilet paper, soap, towel and some other bathing facilities are provided.
Location of the Motel 168:
- It’s about five minutes’ walk to the Changsha railway station.
- Directions and maps shown on Expedia are not extremely useful. But the Motel 168 Changsha Railway Station is really easy to find. Starting at the train station go along the Wuyi Avenue. You’ll find the hotel after around 200 meters on the left side. Be careful! In some cities there are some Motel 168 on different places.
- There are a lot of restaurants and shops close to the hotel.
It was not an extremely great pleasure to stay at the Motel 168 Changsha Railway Station – but it was cheap. If you need a hotel room for one or two nights it would not be a problem to stay there. But it is really nothing special. I felt welcome and safe there.
You can book a room in the Motel 168 Changsha Railway Station here or, if you don’t like it, choose another hotel.
And what experiences did you have in the Motel 168 Changsha Railway Station? Tell us and write a review here!