My last destination on my trip through South East Asia was Bangkok. First I stayed in the dorm at Hua Lamphong Hostel, then I searched for a single room.
About 7 minutes’ walk from the Hua Lamphong Railway Station in Bangkok I found the “Cozy Bangkok Place Hostel“. It was definitively a cosy place in a small road, where you can find real Thai-life.
Following I write about my experiences in staying at “Cozy Bangkok Place Hostel” in Bangkok, the capital of Thailand. I stayed there as backpacker from February 27 to March 3, 2011 in a single room. Here is my review:
- Internet: Wi-Fi internet is in all the rooms and in the lounge available.
The speed of the internet connection in the Cozy Bangkok Place Hostel is, compared to other hostels or hotels in Thailand, fast. There were also public computers in the lounge. You have to pay for use.
- There is a lounge and a vending-machine for drinks.
- There is a washing-machine, where you can do your laundry.
- Check-out time is 12 AM.
- The staff at the reception are very friendly.
In my single room in the second floor I found the following facilities:
- You can lock the door to your room with a key. To go into the hostel you need a key-card. You have to pay a deposit for it.
- There is a window in the room but you look through it only into the hall.
- Air condition and fan were available and worked well.
- Smoking is in the room not allowed – Non smoker room.
- In the room it was quiet. Unfortunately the floor in the hall is made of wood. It looks really good, but it’s also a little bit noisy. There is always a cracking-sound when someone is going.
- They keep the rooms really clean, but do not change towels or make your bed every day.
- Bathroom and toilets are located on the floor next to the single-room. You share toilet and bathroom with other guests.
- There is a shower.
- Hot water worked well.
- Toilet paper, soap and a towel were provided.
Location of the Cozy Bangkok Place Hostel:
- The Hua Lamphong Train Station (Bangkok Main Railway Station) and the Hua Lamphong Metro Station are not far away. To the train station and the metro station it’s about 7 minute’s walk.
- Directions and maps shown on Hostelbookers are right. The hostel is located in a small, quiet road. In Rama IV Road you have to turn left at the Military Bank (blue sign).
- There are some small shops with drinks and cheap food close to the hostel. Convenience stores (Seven Eleven, Mini Mart) and more cheap restaurants you can find in Rama IV Road and at the train station.
I enjoyed the stay at the Cozy Bangkok Place Hostel. I liked especially the road, where it is located. You can find real Thai-life there.
The location of the Cozy Bangkok Place Hostel is also great. It’s only a few minute’s walk to the Hua Lamphong Railway and Metro Station. The single rooms are also – compared to other hostels in Bangkok – really cheap there. I felt welcome and safe there.
And what experiences did you have in the Cozy Bangkok Place Hostel? Tell us and write a review here!