My final destination on my trip through Thailand was in Bangkok. I’ve booked there a hostel next to the Hua Lamphong Railway Station (Bangkok Main Station).
Following I write about my experiences in staying at the “At Hua Lamphong Hostel” in Bangkok, the capital of Thailand. I stayed there as backpacker from February 22 to February 26, 2010 with one missing night from 24 to 25, when I have been in Samut Songkhram. I had a bed in a 6 bed mixed dorm in the fourth floor. Here is my review:
- Internet: Wi-Fi was available in the room and the lounge.
- The speed of the internet connection was in the Hua Lamphong Hostel very fast. There were also public computers in the lounge. For use you have to pay.
- There are different areas in the hostel – chill out areas, restaurant, cafe…
- There is a restaurant/bar in the hostel. They are very friendly there and offer different drinks and food (western and Thai style).
- They offer laundry service for 60 Baht/Kg. I used this service. The laundry was clean. You get it back in a bag.
- The staff at the reception are very friendly.
In my 6 bed dorm I found the following facilities:
- You can lock the doors with a key and key-card.
- Room has a balcony.
- There is a window in the room and it can be opened.
- There is no net against mosquitoes in front of the window.
- Air condition was available and worked very well.
- Smoking is in the room not allowed – Non smoker room. But you are allowed to smoke on the balcony.
- There are spacious lockers in the room. There was enough space for one big, one small backpack and my camera-bag. The lockers look safe.
- In the room it was very quiet.
- They keep the dorm really clean, change towels and make your bed every day.
- The bathroom is located in the dorm.
- There are two toilets and two showers.
- Hot water worked well.
- Toilet paper, soap and towel were provided. Every guest gets his/her own toilet paper and soap in the locker – great!
Location of the “At Hua Lamphong Hostel”:
- As the name of the hostel says, the Hua Lamphong Railway Station is cross the street (see the picture above). The entry to the Hua Lamphong Metro Station is 20 meters to the left. It’s a really central place.
- Directions and maps shown on Hostelbookers are right. It’s really easy to find.
- There is also some shops, convenience stores (Seven Eleven, Mini Mart) and cheap restaurants close to the hostel.
- There is also a small market with clothes and food next to the entry to the Metro Station on the other side of the street.
- On the other side of the river you can visit China Town. You will love it! I can recommend strolling through this city area and to taste the different food and enjoy the atmosphere. It’s really great!
I enjoyed the stay in the “At Hua Lamphong Hostel” in Bangkok. It’s a really good place to get in touch with other backpackers and to make new friends. It’s well located, especially when you want to arrive by train or start early in the morning.
Also for city-strolls the location is really good. It’s close to Chinatown and it’s only a few meters to the Hua Lamphong Metro Station.
This hostel is one of the best I’ve ever been on my trips so far. I felt really welcome and safe there.
And what experiences did you have in the “At Hua Lamphong Hostel” in Bangkok? Tell us and write a review here!